North Carolina Borrowers Receive Foreclosure Relief Money from SunTrust Settlement

first_img Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago North Carolina Borrowers Receive Foreclosure Relief Money from SunTrust Settlement December 7, 2015 1,259 Views Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago Sign up for DS News Daily The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Foreclosure Settlements North Carolina SunTrust Mortgage 2015-12-07 Brian Honea in Daily Dose, Featured, Foreclosure, News Tagged with: Foreclosure Settlements North Carolina SunTrust Mortgage Subscribe About Author: Kerri Panchuk Kerri Panchuk is an attorney and financial writer with more than a decade of experience covering real estate, default servicing, residential mortgage-backed securities, retail, macroeconomics, and commercial real estate. Panchuk graduated from the Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law and texas Tech University, Panchuk previously served DSNews.com as online managing editor/producer and webcast anchor. In April, she rejoined the Fiver Star Institute as executive director of member groups, overseeing the development and growth of the National Appraisal Congress and Title and Closing Coalition. Panchuk is a member of the State Bar of Texas. Demand Propels Home Prices Upward 2 days ago The Week Ahead: Nearing the Forbearance Exit 2 days ago Related Articles Servicers Navigate the Post-Pandemic World 2 days ago The Best Markets For Residential Property Investors 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Data Provider Black Knight to Acquire Top of Mind 2 days ago Share Save “Through these agreements we’re holding banks accountable for past problems and preventing future ones.”Roy Cooper, North Carolina Attorney GeneralThe deal was made after allegations from attorneys generals surfaced, claiming the bank violated foreclosure, servicing or loan modification practices, harming borrowers who were already in distress and who may have had other relief options available at the time.“This is welcome relief for North Carolina families who suffered foreclosures done wrong,” said AG Roy Cooper. “Through these agreements we’re holding banks accountable for past problems and preventing future ones.”Cooper’s office says the AG’s settlement with SunTrust is based on the National Mortgage Settlement negotiated back in 2012 with the country’s largest mortgage servicers—Ally/GMAC, Bank of America, JPMorgan Chase, Citi and Wells Fargo.Cooper previously negotiated a $26-million settlement with Ocwen Financial as part of a larger $2.1 billion deal covering national mortgage servicing issues. Previous: Expanded Loan-Level Dataset Aimed at Helping Investors Support Credit Risk Offerings Next: Merging Landlords See Growing Profit in Single Family Rentals North Carolina residents harmed by mishandled or suspect foreclosures in the aftermath of the financial crisis are set to receive $2 million in cash payments from SunTrust Mortgage as part of a larger $550 million settlement, the state’s Attorney General confirmed in a press statement.North Carolina Attorney General Roy Cooper announced Friday that $23.5 million in financial relief will be distributed to roughly 1,400 North Carolina homeowners who had mortgages serviced by SunTrust and who faced foreclosures during the time period running from Jan. 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2013.As part of the deal with SunTrust, the bank has forgiven $2.8 million in first liens and approximately $2 million in first and second liens to facilitate short-sale transactions for impacted homeowners.The $2 million payout will provide cash to North Carolina consumers who lost their homes and who alleged misconduct on the part of SunTrust for either unauthorized foreclosures or violations of servicing and foreclosure practices.The North Carolina settlement is part of a much larger $550 million deal that SunTrust struck with 49 states, the District of Columbia and federal authorities. Home / Daily Dose / North Carolina Borrowers Receive Foreclosure Relief Money from SunTrust Settlement Governmental Measures Target Expanded Access to Affordable Housing 2 days ago  Print This Postlast_img read more

Inquest into baby’s death concludes

first_img Google+ Arranmore progress and potential flagged as population grows Twitter The parents of a baby boy paid tribute to their ‘wee fighter’ who offered them ‘so much hope’ during his short lifetime after an inquest into his death.Cormac Lafferty from Castlefin was born prematurely with a congenital heart condition in June 2016 and was three months old when he died.Speaking after the inquest at Dublin Coroner’s Court, Cormac’s parents Ann-Marie and Paul Lafferty told the Irish Times he had beaten every target and was a real fighter.Cormac was born at 36 weeks on June 13th 2016 and was discharged after surgery to place a shunt to direct blood from his heart to his lungs was carried out.Upon returning for a review on September 6th he was admitted due to concerns over oxygen saturations levels.On September 10th Cormac became unsettled after a feed.His mother, Anne-Marie was called to the ward at 6.40am and Cormac was successfully ventilated on a third attempt at 6.54am but went into cardiac arrest at 7.07am and was pronounced dead less than an hour later.The inquest heard the cause of death was acute cardio respiratory arrest due to pulmonary hemorrhage in a child with Tetralogy of Fallot.Bronchiolitis and terminal aspiration of feed were found to be contributory factors.Barrister for the Lafferty family said they were concerned about loss of data from an oxygen saturation monitor following Cormac’s death.Coroner Dr Myra Cullinane returned a narrative verdict and said she would contact the hospital in relation to the preservation of data. News, Sport and Obituaries on Monday May 24th Pinterest DL Debate – 24/05/21 By News Highland – November 29, 2018 Facebook Facebook Pinterest Inquest into baby’s death concludescenter_img Homepage BannerNews Google+ Previous articleSouth Donegal councillors to discuss fire stations with MinisterNext articleCampaign for West Donegal Task Force to be stepped up News Highland RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR WhatsApp WhatsApp Important message for people attending LUH’s INR clinic Twitter Nine til Noon Show – Listen back to Monday’s Programme Loganair’s new Derry – Liverpool air service takes off from CODA last_img read more