Twitter Linkedin Fianna Fáil TD Niall Collins appointed as Minister of State €1.5 million boost for five County Limerick towns from Rural Regeneration and Development Fund NewsLocal NewsCouncil told to park plans to remove Abbeyfeale car spacesBy Alan Jacques – January 8, 2015 832 TAGSAbbeyfealeCllr Francis FoleyCllr John SheahanCllr Liam GalvinFianna FáilFine GaellimerickLimerick City and County CouncilMunicipal District of Newcastle West Decision to enter Phase 4 of reopening Ireland deferred to August 10 by Alan [email protected] up for the weekly Limerick Post newsletter Sign Up PROPOSED plans by the Council to remove 70 metres of on street car parking in Abbeyfeale have been described as “excessive” and “crazy” by councillors in the municipal district of Newcastle West.The proposal would involve the removal of the car parking spaces on the southern side of Main Street, opposite the junction with Colbert Terrace.Speaking at this Wednesday’s district meeting, Fine Gael councillor Liam Galvin said that it was imperative that the planning application went through at the site of the former hardware store, which has been derelict for ten years.Cllr Galvin called for an urgent meeting to be arranged on site for councillors and members of the local community with senior executive engineer Robert Gallagher.“I couldn’t support plans to remove 70 metres of parking space. This is the busiest section of the town and small businesses would suffer,” the Abbeyfeale councillor warned.“I don’t see why this planning application couldn’t go ahead without all these spaces being removed,” he said.Fianna Fail councillor Francis Foley fully agreed with Cllr Galvin and said the Council needed to use common sense.“This is a crazy situation. You will end up taking 70 metres now and another 70 metres later on as part of the overall traffic management plan for Abbeyfeale. There are other small businesses adjacent to this site and they need parking for their survival,” said Cllr Foley.Fine Gael councillor John Sheahan suggested that the proposal posed bigger questions about the overall management of Abbeyfeale. Cllr Sheahan also said that some of the money from the €32 million loan to the local authority, which was approved by councillors last October to kickstart the 2030 development, should be used for the betterment of county towns.Sinn Fein councillor Seamus Browne also described the plans to remove 70 metres of car parking space from Abbeyfeale’s main street as “excessive”.“It is important for the town that this application goes forward, but 70 metres is a bit much when there is already an entrance into site with its own parking spaces. We need to look into the future and look at how this will effect other businesses in the area,” said Cllr Browne. New role for Cllr John Sheahan Print Previous articleNew Year brings in evictionsNext articleExclusive: Limerick’s John Galvin calls time on career Alan Jacqueshttp://www.limerickpost.ie Facebook WhatsApp RELATED ARTICLESMORE FROM AUTHOR Advertisement Email Top Fianna Fáil councillor will reject Green coalition deal Abbeyfeale company getting back to work
Samantha Sullivan (above, left), a recently-departed Purplebricks territory owner in Wales, has crossed swords online with the co-founder of the hybrid agency Kenny Bruce (above, right) after she criticised her former employer for its change of direction under CEO Vic Darvey.Sullivan, who is based in Swansea and left Purplebricks late last year to set up her own local estate agency and who is also a local representative for lettings platform Accommodation.co.uk, made the comments in reply to industry recruitment consultant Iain White after he revealed that his inbox was crammed with Purplebricks LPE job applicants.White then asked the Twittersphere why this might be, to which Sullivan replied that a “change of management, no care for agents on the ground and that [territory owners] were never looked after”, were the three key reasons.“It’s now turned around to be all about the profits and not about the people,” she said.But her online comments prompted ire from her former boss Kenny Bruce, the co-founder of Purplebricks with brother Michael.This persuaded Kenny to break his self-enforced silence since leaving the firm in June last year, saying publicly to Sullivan that: “Strange tweets and comments coming from you post leaving PB when you should maintain your legacy of being a magnificent territory owner & agent for PB”.The 44-year-old former Purplebricks director and ardent football fan also replied to White, suggesting that claims of increased churn of LPEs recently may be down to a ‘change in recruitment policy’ since Bruce left the company.“Maybe I recruited a different type of agent to what the leadership want today,” he said.Samantha Sullivan Accommodation Purplebricks Kenny Bruce January 16, 2020Nigel LewisWhat’s your opinion? Cancel replyYou must be logged in to post a comment.Please note: This is a site for professional discussion. Comments will carry your full name and company.This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.Related articles BREAKING: Evictions paperwork must now include ‘breathing space’ scheme details30th April 2021 City dwellers most satisfied with where they live30th April 2021 Hong Kong remains most expensive city to rent with London in 4th place30th April 2021 Home » News » Agencies & People » Purplebricks co-founder warns former territory owner over critical tweets previous nextAgencies & PeoplePurplebricks co-founder warns former territory owner over critical tweetsKenny Bruce has told recently-departed Swansea representative Samantha Sullivan to ‘maintain her legacy’ as star LPE and territory owner.Nigel Lewis16th January 202003,908 Views
CHENNAI: Non-life insurer SBI General Insurance on Monday said it had closed last fiscal with a net profit of Rs 412 crore and a lower underwriting profit of Rs 61 crore.Simply put, underwriting profit is the difference between the premium received and some share of expenses incurred and claims paid. The SBI General Insurance posted an underwriting profit of Rs 61 crore last fiscal down from Rs 79 crore posted in FY19. According to SBI General Insurance, the company posted net profit of Rs 412 crore last fiscal and a gross written premium (GWP) of Rs 6,840 crore. (IANS) Also Read: RIL stocks rise, market cap crosses Rs 10 lakh crore
A top cop has appealed to the public to help them catch a gang who have robbed telephone cable from across Co Donegal.The gang have struck more than 20 times in the past four years – the latest last Saturday morning when 1,000 metres of wire was stolen between Milford and Carrigart.The robbery left dozens of homes without telephone connection as well as pensioners without the use of their personal emergency alarms. Garda Inspector Michael Harrison has appealed to the public to be vigilant.“We would ask people who notice workmen near telephone wires out of hours and late at night to contact us.“Even if they are legitimate Eircom employees, we can send a car around and investigate the situation.“There have been a number of raids now in this general area and we are asking the public for their help,” he said. He also appealed to scrap metal dealers to report anybody trying to sell on the copper wire illegally.Although a number of arrests have been made into the series of thefts in recent months, nobody has been charged with the robberies. TOP GARDA APPEALS TO PUBLIC TO HELP CATCH COPPER THIEVES was last modified: September 5th, 2013 by StephenShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)
Share Facebook Twitter Google + LinkedIn Pinterest While spending some time in Ohio this week, Farm Service Agency (FSA) Administrator Val Dolcini visited with local growers, Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs), farm organizations, farmers market coordinators and local businesses about advancing local and regional food initiatives. The Ohio Ag Net’s Ty Higgins talked with Dolcini about some of the updated changes in FSA programs.
December 2009“I’ve been doing lot of reading lately about superinsulated net-zero houses and passive solar houses… As the articles say, why spend tens of thousands of dollars on a heating system when you only need to spend a few hundred a year? If you superinsulate, it makes sense to incorporate a right-sized heating system. So out with the masonry stove (sadly, I really like them) and the radiant floor (again, sadly). In with the small wood stove and some other small backup space heating system, yet to be determined.” September 2010“We have chosen our windows. If you remember earlier posts about our criteria for windows (April Update and Window Shopping), you’ll know that we were looking for low U-values (more insulation), high SHGC values (more heat from the sun), and low dollar values (more money in our wallets). We found 2 out of 3. Accurate Dorwin (based in Winnipeg, Canada) is going to make us windows with two different types of glazing. Our south-facing casement windows will have a 0.24 U-value and 0.47 SHGC. All other windows will have a 0.20 U-value and a 0.44 SHGC. The fixed window units are the most efficient with a 0.18 U-value. All values are whole window values. Serious came in second.” December 2008“The program is for a very small house (and barn, more on that in a future post), one bedroom, one bath, kitchen, living, dining and unfinished basement. We’re trying to keep it around 1,000 sq. feet, and as green as makes sense. No surprise, budget is the main driver. We want to do this without taking out a mortgage and by doing as much of the work as we can ourselves. Not just to save money, but because its just plain fun for us.” May 2010“It was a very hard decision (over 2 years in the making) but we’ve come to the realization that a wood stove is not in the cards for this house. We will however, have a patio fire pit, and reserve the right to maybe add an interior fireplace at a later date.” June 2010“We are the proud owners of a brand spank’n new hole in the ground. Foundation dig is complete. In other news, I was able to position the house precisely on the site this weekend, thanks to the new pin the surveyors placed on our boundary line last week. Which means I can now finish the site plan.“We also heard back from the engineer this weekend. Ugh, lots of work to interpret his calculations into the plans. But it’s good that we hired someone. It really was more complicated than I could do myself.” Larry and Jill Burks are self-described city folks building a house in upstate New York. It’s not any old house, but a 1,200-sq.-ft., superinsulated home that they hope will generate more power than it consumes in a year — a “net-positive” house.Their blog, Up Hill House, is the step-by-step story of how the house gets built, beginning in June 2008 when they bought 50 acres of land and a cabin near the town of Cambridge, N.Y.The couple had been looking for a place in New York City, but the best they could do was a 400-sq.-ft. apartment in Brooklyn that was on the market for $400,000. “Maybe it was my years of studying architecture, but I could not see spending the next 30 years paying a mortgage on a small soulless apartment with no redeemable architectural character,” Larry writes. “Not to mention no outdoor space. That’s when it hit me. This is crazy! There has to be another choice.”This change of direction helped launch their project, described in dozens of entries over the last 33 months. Larry offers an extremely detailed look at how the house was planned and how it’s being built, writing about everything from window selection to sitework and heating options. The tone is expert. It turns out that while Larry has an architecture degree, he designs “easy to use Web applications,” not houses. The couple has already moved out of New York to be closer to the project, and will live in the house fulltime once it’s completed.The two-bedroom, one-bath house should be finished in May, if all goes according to plan, and come in at about $142 a square foot. The house comes with R-44 walls and a R-75 roof, along with a 6.9-kW photovoltaic array.The blog can be read in two ways, either chronologically or by topic. So, if you want to follow the project as it unfolds, just start with Larry’s June 2008 post and work your way forward as the couple develops plans for the house, clears the site, and sees the house take shape. If you’re more interested in specific topics, such as windows and doors (11 posts), energy calculations (eight posts), or the foundation (eight posts), Larry has made that possible, too.It’s an engaging mix of technical and non-technical information, both personable and informative. And it gets to the inherent complexities of building a high-performance house. January 2011“As the snow piles up outside, I have turned my thoughts to Spring. Not only because it’s warmer and nature is waking from its long slumber, but also because I hope we will be conducting our first blower door test by then. Specifically I’ve been considering what type of results I should be expecting from the blower door tests, and how to interpret them.“We made the decision early on to build an air-tight house. This guided our choice of building materials, Zip system and tape for the exterior sheathing, gaskets and acoustical sealant to seal all other connections, and foam to seal gaps at the rims, windows and doors. The blower door test will help us seal any gaps we missed. But what target should we aim for? How do we know when the house it tight enough?”
APTN National NewsIn Australia, the shooting of two Aboriginal teenagers over the weekend has police in full damage control mode.Six youth were in a stolen car when it was driven onto a sidewalk. The car hit a woman and dragged her for several metres. That prompted police officers to open fire on the car.The 14 year-old driver and an 18 year-old in the front seat were shot.The video of the incident shows one of the teens who was shot being dragged out of the car and repeatedly punched by one of the officers.The incident has sparked outrage and Australian police are calling for peace.The death of another teenager by police sparked riots in 2004.
#MagneticMediaNews#BahamasImmigrationDepartmentApprehendsSixChineseNationals Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsApp Facebook Twitter Google+LinkedInPinterestWhatsAppBahamas, July 11th 2017: Six Chinese have been apprehended by Bahamas Immigration. On Monday, at around 10am, officers were notified of Chinese staying at a resort in the Lucaya area, who were about to be smuggled into the USA. A team was shortly dispatched to investigate, where on arrival two rooms were checked resulting in the discovery of six Chinese, two males and four females .Inspection of their passports revealed that they had arrived in The Bahamas, during the months of April, May and June, but had since overstayed their visitors’ status.The group was then taken into custody, transported to Immigration Headquarters for further processing and were flown into the capital sometime Tuesday. It is reported that they will be held at the Detention Centre until repatriation to China.According to the Immigration Department, the incident marks the first apprehension for the month of July.Its last apprehension is said to have involved the United States Coast Guard (USCG) Isaac Mayo who called in to the Lucayan Harbour, to hand over to Bahamas Immigration officers a total of 11 Cuban migrants who were all intercepted in Cay the Cay Sal Bank area in a rustic vessel.The Cuban group of migrants was also transported to the capital where they too will be held until repatriation. Related Items: