LINCOLN, NE – SEPTEMBER 08: Head coach Scott Frost of the Nebraska Cornhuskers approaches the sidelines in the second half against the Colorado Buffaloes at Memorial Stadium on September 8, 2018 in Lincoln, Nebraska. (Photo by Steven Branscombe/Getty Images)Scott Frost has yet to win a game at Nebraska, as the Huskers are off to an 0-6 start for the first time in program history, but one thing is extremely clear: he is not getting fired.It’s not up for debate and it’s not worth discussing – at all – but USA TODAY decided to write a story this morning about the possibility.“Nebraska would owe Scott Frost as much as $26 million if school decides to terminate embattled football coach,” they write.Nebraska would owe Scott Frost as much as $26 million if school decides to terminate embattled football coach https://t.co/jSJZx40LLa— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) October 14, 2018From the story:At present, moving on from Frost would mean the school would be obligated to pay Frost as much as $26 million. Frost’s contract originally was for seven years, through Dec. 31, 2024. Nebraska would owe him $5 million for each year remaining through Dec. 31, 2022, with any partial year paid pro-rata. Then it would owe him $2.5 million for each of the final two years.The final tab for Frost likely would be offset by income from his future employment, but the school also would be looking at obligations to his 10 assistants and his top strength coach, all of whom are under contract through Dec. 31, 2019. They would be owed all of the money remaining on their deals. So if none of them were retained, that would add up to at least another $4.875 million, also subject to offset from future employment.Nebraska is still paying both of Frost’s predecessors, Bo Pelini and Mike Riley. The payout for Pelini, which is being offset by his contract as Youngstown State’s head coach, continues through February 2019 at a rate of about $1.5 million annually. Riley was owed about $6.6 million when he was fired last year. He is now an assistant at Oregon State, but his pay there isn’t doing much to help Nebraska. His salary is $50,004; he got a $35,000 signing bonus and is scheduled to get a $35,000 retention payment in 2019.Unsurprisingly, the reaction to the story has been like this:You guys are ridiculous— Damon Benning (@damonbenning) October 14, 2018Man, that’s a dumb story— Brian Christopherson (@Husker247BC) October 14, 2018Don’t think anyone is calling for him to be fired. Certainly none of the 20,000 plus fans who travelled to Chicago are. We are as frustrated as he is but know patience is required.— Timothy Farmer (@Tim_W_Farmer) October 14, 2018If only there was a penalty for poor journalism!! ???— StansB1GFan ???☠️♥️ (@saf2564) October 14, 2018This is premature. He hasn’t even been there a full season. Nebraska fans need to chill.— Jamesetta Cleveland (@sports_mom_u) October 14, 2018Nebraska, meanwhile, returns to the gridiron on Saturday. The Huskers are taking on Minnesota at 3:30 p.m. E.T. The game will be on BTN.
Yahoo confirms huge data breach affecting 500 million accounts by Associated Press Posted Sep 22, 2016 3:09 pm MDT FILE – In this June 5, 2014, file photo, people walk in front of a Yahoo sign at the company’s headquarters in Sunnyvale, Calif. Yahoo says the personal information of 500 million accounts have been stolen in a massive security breakdown that represents the latest setback for the beleaguered internet company. The breach disclosed on Thursday, Sept. 22, 2016, dates back to late 2014. Yahoo is blaming the hack on a “state-sponsored actor.” (AP Photo/Marcio Jose Sanchez, File) AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to TwitterTwitterShare to FacebookFacebookShare to RedditRedditShare to 電子郵件Email Yahoo said hackers stole personal information from 500 million of its user accounts, a massive security breakdown it attributed to a “state sponsored actor.” The breach disclosed Thursday, the latest setback for the beleaguered internet company, dates back to late 2014.That’s when high-tech thieves hacked into Yahoo’s data centres, the company said. But Yahoo only recently discovered the break-in as part of an ongoing internal investigation.The stolen data includes users’ names, email addresses, telephone numbers, birth dates, hashed passwords, and the security questions — and answers — used to verify an accountholder’s identity.Last month, the tech site Motherboard reported that a hacker who uses the name “Peace” boasted that he had account information belonging to 200 million Yahoo users and was trying to sell the data on the web.Yahoo recommends that users change their passwords if they haven’t done so since 2014. The Sunnyvale, California, company said its investigation so far hasn’t found any evidence that information about users’ bank accounts or credit and debit cards were swiped in the hacking attack. It said it has “no evidence” that the attacker is still in Yahoo’s network.News of the security lapse could cause some people to have second thoughts about relying on Yahoo’s services, raising a prickly issue for the company as it tries to sell its digital operations to Verizon Communications for $4.8 billion.That deal, announced two months ago, isn’t supposed to close until early next year. That leaves Verizon with wiggle room to renegotiate the purchase price or even back out if it believes the security breach will harm Yahoo’s business. That could happen if users shun Yahoo or file lawsuits because they’re incensed by the theft of their personal information.Verizon said it still doesn’t know enough about the Yahoo break-in to assess the potential consequences. “We will evaluate as the investigation continues through the lens of overall Verizon interests, including consumers, customers, shareholders and related communities,” the company said in a statement.
GARDAÍ HAVE ISSUED an appeal for information, after an 81-year-old woman was knocked down and seriously injured in a crash in Castlebar, Co Mayo.It happened at around 1.30pm this afternoon at Pontoon Road. She was rushed to nearby Mayo General Hospital, and is continuing to receive treatment tonight.The road was closed for a time as forensic tests were carried out at the scene.Anyone with information is being asked to contact Castlebar Garda Station on 094 903 8200 or the Garda Confidential Line at 1800 666 111.Read: Travel warnings issued, ferries cancelled as ‘vigorous’ storm set to pass overnight