Former Ohio State Assistant Tom Herman Asked About Urban Meyer, Zach Smith

first_imgA closeup of Urban Meyer during an Ohio State game.NORMAN, OK – SEPTEMBER 17: Head coach Urban Meyer of the Ohio State Buckeyes looks on against the Oklahoma Sooners at Gaylord Family Oklahoma Memorial Stadium on September 17, 2016 in Norman, Oklahoma. (Photo by Scott Halleran/Getty Images)Former Ohio State offensive coordinator Tom Herman, who’s now the head coach at Texas, was asked today about what he knew about Urban Meyer, Zach Smith and his ex-wife, Courtney Smith, following the news that surfaced on Wednesday.Herman, 43, was an assistant at Ohio State from 2012-14. Smith had been on the Buckeyes’ staff since 2015.The former Ohio State assistant coach left the Buckeyes to take over Houston’s program following the 2014 season.Herman told reporters today that he didn’t feel comfortable commenting on the situation, when the new allegations that surfaced against Smith took place in 2015 after he had left.“I really don’t think it’d be fair or appropriate, to be honest with you, to comment on a situation at another program that happened while I wasn’t there,” Herman told reporters.Herman asked about he, Tim Beck, and Stan Drayton’s ties to the Ohio State program: “I really don’t think it’d be fair or appropriate, to be honest with you, to comment on a situation at another program that happened while I wasn’t there.” #HookEm— Joe Cook (@josephcook89) August 2, 2018Other major college football coaches that’ve been asked about Urban Meyer and Ohio State have said similar things.Florida head coach Dan Mullen, who coached under Meyer, said he sent a text message to the Ohio State coach on Wednesday night, telling him he was thinking of him.Nick Saban said he believes Ohio State will handle the situation well, but didn’t want to comment any further.Urban Meyer is currently on paid administrative leave. Ohio State opens its season on Sept. 1 against Oregon State.last_img read more

Ford recalls Fiesta subcompact side air bag wont protect rearseat passengers in

by News Staff Posted Oct 16, 2012 8:26 am MDT auto recall|ford canada|ford fiesta|ford motor company|ford recall Ford recalls Fiesta subcompact; side air bag won’t protect rear-seat passengers in some cases DETROIT – Ford is recalling more than 154,000 Fiesta subcompacts to fix a problem with the side air bags, including 28,000 in Canada. The company says that if the front passenger seat is empty, the side air bag won’t inflate to protect rear-seat passengers in some crashes. Ford says it doesn’t know of any crashes or injuries linked to the problem. The recall affects Fiestas from the 2011 through 2013 model years. They were built in Mexico from Nov. 3, 2009 to Sept. 21, 2012. Dealers will reprogram the computer that controls the side air bag so it inflates even if no one is in the front passenger seat. The repair will be done for free. read more