AK LNG Releases Gasline Workforce Plan

first_imgFacebook0TwitterEmailPrintFriendly分享The Alaska Gasline Development Corporation released their ‘Gasline Workforce Plan‘  which outlines training and educating an Alaskan workforce with the skills necessary to build and operate the Alaska LNG Project. The Alaska LNG Project Gasline Workforce Plan was unanimously approved by the Workforce Board in Seward last week. Governor Bill Walker: “Alaskans know how to build infrastructure, and state funding for public projects should employ Alaskans first.” AGDC Commissioner Heidi Drygas: “Construction of the Alaska LNG Project is hugely important to Alaska’s economy. Not only will construction provide thousands of jobs for Alaskans, but operating the Alaska LNG project will keep Alaskans working for decades to come.” The Alaska LNG Project, estimated at $43 billion, would involve an 807-mile pipeline, along with a gas treatment plant and LNG liquefaction plant, designed to move more than 20 million tons of natural gas per year. It focuses on six areas of opportunity, including training and technical education, developing apprenticeships, increasing the number of students and instructors in necessary fields, and focusing on Alaska Hire and Alaska Bidder preferences. Construction is expected to begin as early as 2019, with gas delivered by 2024-2025last_img read more

Interview Names EditorinChief

first_imgA little more than a month after longtime Interview editor-in-chief Ingrid Sischy left the magazine, parent company Brant Publications has named former V magazine and V Man editor Christopher Bollen as her replacement. Bollen will report to co-editorial directors Fabien Baron and Glenn O’Brien, who were appointed shortly after Sischy’s departure.Brant also announced Alan Katz as group publisher. Most recently, Katz served as president of sales and marketing of MyTime.com, a start-up company formed with tech private equity group Shelter Capital Partners. Previously, he served as a president and publisher at Condé Nast, and spent 14 years at New York magazine where he served as publisher.Also as part of the announcement, senior editor Stephen Mooallem was promoted to executive editor. Sischy, who served as Interview editor-in-chief since 1990, left the magazine in late January after former Brant Publications co-owner Sandra Brant decided to sell her stake in the company.last_img read more

STATE REP RACE Pina Prinzivalli Named Featured Candidate At GOP Meet Rally

first_imgTEWKSBURY, MA — Pina Prinzivalli (R-Tewksbury), candidate for State Representative in the 19th Middlesex District, has announced she’s been named a featured candidate at a GOP Meet and Rally on August 1 from 6pm to 8pm in Lowell. The event is being held at Athenian Corner and is being hosted by United States Veteran and 1st Middlesex State Senate candidate John MacDonald.“I’m a big supporter of Pina and I’m excited to have her be a part of this event because she’s running for all of the right reasons,” said MacDonald, a veteran of the U.S. Air Force who served in the Persian Gulf War. “Pina and I jumped into our respective races early on to challenge two long time incumbents. Now both of our races are for open seats. Pina had the courage to run when no one else was willing to do so. She will bring that same courage to Beacon Hill where she will be a bold voice and a fearless advocate for the taxpayers. Pina is truly running to put the taxpayers first.”The event will feature other area and statewide Republican candidates including Geoff Diehl for U.S. Senate, Rick Green for Congress (District 3), Jay McMahon for Attorney General, Anthony Amore for Secretary of State, Joe Espinola for State Senate (2nd Middlesex & Essex), Kathy Lynch for State Rep (2nd Middlesex) and Rich Baker for Governor’s Council (5th District).“I can’t thank John enough, first for his service to our country and second for the support he has shown me,” said Prinzivalli, who announced her candidacy last October. “John has done so much great work for our veterans with ‘Veterans Assisting Veterans.’ I can’t wait to work with him on Beacon Hill on the issues that matter most to the people of the Commonwealth. It’s going to be a great night with great Republican candidates who are committed to bringing balance to Massachusetts.”The August 1 event is free, donations to the candidates are welcome. Athenian Corner is located at 207 Market Street. MacDonald says the event will allow people in the area to meet great candidates all in one place that are standing up against politics as usual.“These are the candidates I personally endorse,” said MacDonald. “They are offering the people a true and positive choice in the upcoming election and Pina has clearly shown herself to be just that.”Since announcing her candidacy last fall, Prinzivalli has been the only candidate in the 19th Middlesex working to lower the tax burden by collecting over 800 signatures for a ballot question to reduce the sales tax. Prinzivalli is also the only candidate who has signed the ‘Taxpayers Protection Pledge’ and has been steadfast in her opposition and commitment to saying “NO” to Massachusetts becoming a Sanctuary State for illegal immigrants.“I’m not a career politician, nor am I running to become one,” said Prinzivalli. “I’m a career professional, a hardworking taxpayer just like you. It’s time for Tewksbury and Wilmington to have a bold Republican voice that isn’t going to be afraid to stand up against the status quo and put the taxpayers first.”Prinzivalli has been endorsed by the Tewksbury Republican Town Committee, Representative Geoff Diehl, Representative Shaunna O’Connell, and Republican State Committeewoman Ruth Chou.The Republican primary will be held on Tuesday, September 4. The general election will take place on Tuesday, November 6.(NOTE: The above press release is from the Prinzivalli campaign.)Like Wilmington Apple on Facebook. Follow Wilmington Apple on Twitter. Follow Wilmington Apple on Instagram. Subscribe to Wilmington Apple’s daily email newsletter HERE. Got a comment, question, photo, press release, or news tip? Email wilmingtonapple@gmail.com.Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:Like Loading… RelatedSTATE REP RACE: Pina Prinzivalli Speaks At Large GOP Rally, Shares Message On TaxesIn “Government”STATE REP RACE: Voting Records Show Prinzivalli Voted Only Once Before Launching Candidacy; Campaign DisputesIn “Government”STATE REP RACE: Prinzivalli Pledges To Opt Out Of Pension SystemIn “Government”last_img read more

Startup bigwigs to attend PMs Startup India event on 16 January

first_imgPrime Minister Narendra Modi’s Start-up India event, to be held on 16 January, will be attended by some big names in the start-up space, such as Japanese SoftBank’s founder Masayoshi Son, taxi-hailing firm Uber’s founder Travis Kalanick and collaborative workspace provider WeWork’s founder Adam Neumann.At the event, Modi will announce an action plan to support early-stage companies in the country.Search giant Google Inc will carry out a session titled “Launchpad Accelerator”, where early-stage start-ups can win $50,000 in non-equity investment by making “live pitches” to investors.Participants can interact with SoftBank president and chief operating officer Nikesh Arora on various issues related to fund-raising. Secretaries of major government departments will also answer queries on how the government will “create an enabling ecosystem for start-ups”.Taking into account the significance of the event in promoting start-up culture in the country, it will be telecast live in all Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) and central universities, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) secretary Amitabh Kant told reporters.The live telecast will also be available for youth groups in over 350 districts of the country, according to Kant.Nearly 40 innovators, venture capitalists and angel investors from Silicon Valley, along with 1,500 founders of start-ups, will attend the event.Currently, India is home to 18,000 start-ups employing 3 lakh people, according to former director of Infosys TV Mohandas Pai. Pai expects the number of start-ups to increase to 1 lakh, creating 35 lakh jobs in the next 10 years.Modi, on his “Mann Ki Baat” radio programme’s telecast on 27 December last year, had announced the government would launch the action plan for “Start-up India, Stand-up India” on 16 January, 2016.”The action plan shall highlight initiatives and schemes being undertaken by the government to address various aspects relating to developing a conducive start-up ecosystem in the country,” Kant added.The formulation of the action plan is in its final stage, a government official who was a part of the drafting of the policy told Mint.”We have sent the policy to the Prime Minister’s Office. It is likely to be finalised by 10 January,” he said, requesting anonymity.The event will also witness workshops and panel discussions on topics including “Unleashing entrepreneurship and innovation: What do Indian start-ups need to grow and prosper”, “Celebrating women: Stories of innovative women entrepreneurs”, “How digitisation will change India’s future”, “Making Indian healthcare leapfrog”, “Financial inclusion is within reach” and “Show me the money: How do we capitalize entrepreneurship?””The objective is to reinforce commitment of the government towards creating an ecosystem that is conducive for growth of start-ups,” a DIPP statement said.last_img read more

Cardinals Set For Hoosier Hills Invitational

first_img Live Results Link Half of the Cardinals’ wins at the Power Five Invitational came from jumping events. Alivia Ash won the women’s high jump with a mark of 1.72m/5-07.75, while Renate van Tonder took the top spot in the women’s triple jump at 12.62m/41-05. Antony McRoberts won the men’s long jump with a leap of 7.27m/23-10.25 and Alexis Gibbons won the women’s side with a mark of 6.13m/20-01.50. Last weekend at the Power Five Invitational, Donald McClinton ran 21.49 in the 200m to capture his second school record, breaking the 21.58 record set by Jacques Caldwell in 2009. Noah McBride also surpassed the previous record, crossing the finish line in 21.52 for a second-place finish. The Hoosier Hills Invitational will take place on Friday, beginning at 4 p.m. with the 60m hurdles and weight throw. The meet features host Indiana, Notre Dame, Butler, and Tennessee State. Aurilla Wilson won her second 3,000m race of the season over the weekend with a time of 9:50.15. The pole vaulters will compete at the Doug Raymond National Qualifier starting at 1 p.m. Saturday. Competition includes Buffalo, Central Michigan, and Akron, among others. Halee Hudson earned her first win of the season in women’s weight throw with a heave of 20.15m/66-01.50. Gabriela Leon cleared 4.30m/14-01.25 to win women’s pole vault to round out the weekend wins. Print Friendly Version Story Links LOUISVILLE, Ky. – Following an eight-win showing at the Power Five Invitational, the University of Louisville track and field team will head to Bloomington, Ind. to compete in the Hoosier Hills Invitational on Friday. The Cardinal pole vaulters will travel to Kent State for competition on Saturday.last_img read more

Talk session to foster economic cultural ties between India and China

first_imgKolkata: Zha Liyou, Consul General, the Consulate General of the Peoples’ Republic of China in Kolkata felt that the sectors such as manufacturing, food processing, finance, technical training, sports, tourism and shooting films could play a major role in strengthening the bilateral relationship between India and China.He was addressing a Special Session “India-China Economic Ties: A Sub-National Perspective” organised by Merchants’ Chamber of Commerce and Industry at its office on Thursday. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataHe also mentioned about cultural and educational exchanges and spoke about Kunming which could be a dream wedding destination for the people from across the country. Referring to age-old relationship of India and China, Liyou said that the relationship in both the state and provincial level should be fostered better as a part of bilateral relationships. He pointed out that there could be an exchange of more business delegations between Kunming and Kolkata and focus areas would be agro technology, mining, healthcare and hospitals tourism and hotels and solid waste management. Also Read – Lightning kills 8, injures 16 in stateBoth the Centre and provincial governments may find business solutions to further promote economic, cultural and educational ties between two countries at the sub national level. He said that Kolkata – Kunming and West Bengal – Yunnan relationships could be taken to a new high even though India and China have different structure with India having collaborative federalism and China having strong Government at the Centre. On tourism he said that while in 2018, 8 lakh Indian tourists went to China, the corresponding figure for Chinese tourists to India was only 2 lakh, which needs to be addressed. He also urged the governments of both the countries to generate more business. Earlier, in his welcome address, Vishal Jhajharia, President of the Chamber spoke about India’s huge trade deficit with China, which has been an area of concern over the years.last_img read more

Freesat the UKs freetoair DTH platform has la

first_imgFreesat, the UK’s free-to-air DTH platform, has launched a next-generation connected TV proposition that blends broadcast and OTT video services.Free time from Free sat offers a backwards EPG linking to broadcaster catch-up platforms and a ‘showcase’ section offering editorialised recommendations. The service will launch on a Humax box offering 500Gb of storage for £279 (€352) at the end of the month. The announcement comes just over a month since the launch of YouView, a similar proposition that offers a mix of subscription-free, DTT-delivered Freeview channels and online services from public broadcasters and pay TV platforms, including BSkyB’s Now TV service.Free time will offer seven-day catch-up services from the BBC and ITV at launch, with Channel 4’s 4oD and Five’s Demand 5 platforms to follow before the end of the year. Ahead of this morning’s launch, James Strickland, Freesat’s director of product and technology development, told Digital TV Europe that the platform was in talks with TV, movie and music providers about launching services on Free time but denied reports that it had already struck a deal with Netflix.Should deals with the likes of Netflix and Lovefilm follow, it would be a blow to incumbent operator Sky, which has already lost customers to Freesat and, according to reports, is concerned that it can’t compete with Netflix on price. Strickland said Freesat would continue to target Sky’s customers with its Free time offering as well as existing Freesat customers that were looking for an upgrade path. To-date, Freesat has sold 2.6 million devices.Freesat has developed Free time using widely adopted European open standards, including HTML5, OIPF and HbbTV, which Strickland said would make it easy for third parties to launch on the platform. “HTML5 gives us an edge. It’s a low barrier to entry for broadcast and broadband partners, and offers a gateway to people developing those kinds of services.”The service will offer a common UI across all devices, giving a specific Free time feel to the services, unlike the existing Freesat platform that sees UIs designed by the set-top manufacturers.A 1TB version of the Humax Freesat Plus box is on the horizon, along with devices from Sagemcom, Philips and Manhattan. Strickland said the range of Free time devices would eventually cover the spectrum from zapper boxes to Smart TVs and added that it had held “concrete discussions” with exiting TV partners Panasonic and Samsung.last_img read more